The White Pagoda was originally built in 1651 but collapsed in an earthquake. The present structure is a later reconstruction. The lamaist pagoda is 35.9 metres high with a tiered base and a body like an upturned bowl. Sutras in Tibetan language are carved inside the front gate. Fourteen copper bells hang from its copper canopy on top of which is a gilt ball like a flame.